Sunday, January 16, 2011

VIP.

So, let's talk about Cafe de Paris.

This is the swankiest, classiest club I have ever seen. Velvet lined walls, chandeliers, balcony, stage, circular booths, strict dress code, carpeted staircase entrance... this is serious. The cover charge is normally 20 pounds, but we got in on some guest list. We told them at the door we're with Caroline and Matt's party (which we were told to do by our RA's who took us, despite us not knowing who Caroline and Matt are), and we received a card that got us in for free. We checked our coats, and headed downstairs. Despite getting in for free, we were a little upset at how drinks cost about 9 pounds each. No worries though, because with our guest list party, we got bottles of Grey Goose and pitchers of cranberry juice and orange juice at our table for free. Yeah, fancy.

A band called "City Boy Soul" played, and they were awesome. I loved it. Then we danced for hours, and we were pulled up on the stage to dance in the last hour. While on this stage, I met these two fabulous gay guys. One of them was an Abercrombie model and gave me his cellphone number in case I ever need a model for anything, since I'm studying fashion. They invited me to their VIP booth upstairs, but I had to turn them down because I didn't want to lose my group.

So, in a matter of a week, I'm already on guest lists to fancy clubs, receiving free bottles of high quality vodka, dancing on stage, and being invited to VIP lounges. I'd say I'm a pretty big deal in London already.

We got back around 5 A.M. and I slept til 3:30. Oops. I'm just taking it very easy today, doing some cleaning and preparing for classes this week. I'm going over my friend Mike's flat later to watch "Reefer Madness," and that'll be the most I do today. I guess it's time to be responsible. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment