Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Harrow.

Two of my classes are on the Harrow campus of University of Westminster. The other three campuses are right next to each other, but this one is an hour commute on the tube away... how does that make sense?

It was actually a really nice commute though. Maybe it was just because it was a beautiful sunny day and majority of the ride was overground, but I loved it. Harrow is beautiful. It's an open field of grass with some hills by the buildings. I really underestimated how much I miss green. It's so hard to imagine that this area, which looks like a suburb with the houses and grass, is still in London. When people think of London, you think of a few key places in the city center, but that's only a small borough in the middle of London. As much as I love the city, I still grew up in Jefferson Township, only a couple miles away from a forest reserve. Therefore, despite the two hour commute twice a week, I think I'll enjoy it just fine.

Plus, I'm going to try really hard this semester to not procrastinate. I have a solid 4 hours a week of commuting built in where I will have nothing else to do but read for classes. I almost finished my Shakespeare reading and I have til Monday to do it!

My class today was Marketing Communications. I was worried about it because it's a level 6 class, which is their highest level, but I feel perfectly comfortable there. I want to do fashion marketing, so it's a good class for me to take, despite it not counting toward my business minor at all. It's interesting too (at least it better be, since I've kind of decided to do this for the rest of my life).

Tomorrow is my day off, and we have an ISA excursion to Camden Town, which I think is a little market area. Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment