Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Portobello.

I'm a daytime person. Some people are "morning people," others are "night people," but I'm just a daytime person. I made a list of everything I want to do in London, and they all happen during the day. I believe this is another reason I may not have been the happiest this trip: everyone seems to get their fun at night. We go out to pubs and clubs, and that's our time out in London. I don't like this, really. I don't care for the club life, and drinking is not necessary to have fun. We sit around all day until we go out at night, where I'm used to doing stuff during the day and then sitting around at night.

So, I'm making a conscious effort to do stuff during the day. Yesterday, Kim, Amanda, and I went to Portobello Road. It's this cute market area in Notting Hill, right outside the Notting Hill Gate station. It's not as expansive as the Camden markets, but it's still really cute. I love the houses, they're all pastel colors with different colored doors and remind me of Edward Scissorhands. We went to this burger place that was absolutely out of this world. I swear that burger was about the size of my head. Yeah, I champed it out. I showed that burger who was boss, and took a toll on the french fries (or chips here in England) and onion rings as well. They didn't know what hit them.

Ready to be proud of me? All I bought at the market was two posters. One is a psychadelic one of The Beatles, another is a black and white photo of Big Ben with the Underground sign in color. My room needed some artwork to make it look less like a closet-sized mental institution.

On the way back, we stopped in the Tottenham Court tube station, which is absolutely covered in the most gorgeous mosaic artwork. I want to just spend an hour there walking around and looking at it all.

To continue my Beatles kick, I'm off now to the Beatles Coffee Shop and Abbey Road with Ali before I go to my marketing class.



No comments:

Post a Comment