Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting There.

Anybody who says money can't buy happiness is a liar. Or has never been to Top Shop in London.

Yes, it's true, retail therapy does solve everything. We went shopping yesterday, I bought some cute new clothes, and all of the sudden things are looking up. I also bought more groceries so now I can actually eat more than once a day (and I was introduced to a place next door called "Best American Pizza"... it's definitely not the best American pizza, but it gets the job done). Somehow, when you've just eaten and you're wearing a cute new outfit, the fact that you can't find your way around anywhere and you have mice in your kitchen almost doesn't matter anymore... almost.

There's a fresh produce market literally down the street from me. I could have discovered this sooner if I wasn't so petrified to leave my front door. It's right next to a lovely little place called "Cheap Booze" (bet you can't guess what they sell), so I might make a trip today, even though today is almost over because we've all been sleeping til about 2 everyday. So much for "I want to get up early everyday."

Also, I got into a fashion course! Not the first choice I wanted, but a fashion course nonetheless. Problem is it's on Friday during my Shakespeare class, so I have to try to get Shakespeare moved to Monday. I can't do anything about it until Monday though, so I'm going to have to catch them at 9 when the office opens, change my classes immediately, and get to the Shakespeare class for 10:00. This all better work.

As for today, I had plans to go to Hyde Park (where I want to go more than anywhere else) if it's sunny, or out shopping with another friend if it's not sunny. Instead, we've all slept too late again, so I might just check out that farmers market, find a bookstore and get "Henry V" for my Shakespeare class, and get ready to go out tonight. The RA's here are taking us to this fancy club in central London that celebrities even go to... classy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment