Saturday, January 29, 2011

Classy.

Besides being 10 minutes late, my fashion class yesterday was significantly better. This is solely because my friend Jordan switched into the class, so he and I just sat next to each other and took our "tea break" together (professors here are wonderful and give you at least a half hour break during long classes for tea). I know I'm there to learn, that class isn't about socializing, but it really does make a class a lot more enjoyable to have someone there that doesn't make you want to ram your head against a pointy object.

We had our ISA excursion to Hyde Park and Harrods yesterday too! Now, when I say Hyde Park, I mean we walked through there for about 5 minutes on our way to Harrods... so I still don't count it. But my goodness, it is BEAUTIFUL. I knew that would be my favorite place in London, and just seeing it quickly for a few minutes reaffirms that.

Harrods is a whole new world. It's unreal. We had afternoon tea at a restaurant in there, and it was such a gorgeous place. It looked like a fancy wedding reception, like one I will never be able to afford (since my budget for my wedding reception will only allow it to be in my backyard with pool volleyball and hot wings). We had tea, five different little sandwich choices, scones with different marmalades, and different desserts... and it was all endless. You better believe I ate my £30 worth. Oh, and one of the desserts was topped with gold flakes. GOLD. We definitely felt like we didn't belong there... and I'm pretty sure everyone else there felt we didn't belong there.

To make us feel more out of place, we walked around afterward looking at the stores. There was a £94,000 cellphone, which was encrusted with diamonds (that's about $136,000). I found a Marc Jacobs bag I wanted, and it only cost £1,600. Even the puppies in the Pet Kingdom cost about £3,000. The only thing I could afford at Harrods was the rose I stole off our table at tea.

So for today, I had intentions of running in Hyde Park this morning, and I woke up to do so and everything. Then I looked outside and saw how dreary it is, and climbed back in bed. I should probably let go of this "I'm not going running if it's not nice out" attitude, otherwise I will never go running here. It's always going to be gray out.

However, in about an hour we have a tour of Parliament, which is going to rule.



No comments:

Post a Comment