Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spontaneity.

Today, I dyed my hair purple and red, and booked a trip to Paris this weekend.

I'm trying this new thing called "being spontaneous." I don't know, I always thought it was overrated, but Steve seems to really like it so I've been giving it a shot. It's very difficult for me to just... do something. I like to sit down, plan my course of action, weigh out the pros and cons, ask my mom for her opinion, and have a healthy debate about every decision I make. I don't even try new things in restaurants. Maybe this spontaneity thing has something going for it though, because my hair looks AWESOME.

For those of you who haven't known me all my life, I had a slightly more than mild obsession with Paris when I was younger. Now, when I say "slightly more than mild," I mean quite the extreme obsession. There isn't a single museum, landmark, monument, cafe, restaurant, traditional food dish, park, hotel, place of interest, ANYTHING, that I didn't know about Paris. I planned itineraries for trips there, learned all I could about it, and even began to pack a suitcase on several occasions.

I'm going to Paris with Steve for a day when he visits, and going overnight with my parents, and may possibly do a fashion studies trip there with my friend Jordan... but, those are all very short trips. This is a short trip too, because I am going to Toulon on the 23rd so I'm only going to Paris from the 20th-22nd (I know, my life is so hard), but I still want to spend as much time in Paris as possible. Looking at the list of places I want to go, I'd be disappointed if I gave up an opportunity to spend more time in Paris so I could go somewhere I don't have any real personal attachment to. I mean, Prague is beautiful, and I'd love to go there, but I'd rather fulfill my middle school dreams and spend more time in Paris.

I'm going with Izabela, Ellen, Mike, and Kentucky. They're probably my best friends here, so I know it'd be such a fun trip together. I also made them all promise me that they wouldn't let me spend any extra money, and I'm going to try really hard to budget myself. When I go to Toulon with Ali and Jess, I'm also going to resist spending obscene amounts of money (Ali is watching out for me there). I have a hard time not spending money, because I always find a way to justify my purchases. However, I spent way too much extra money in Morocco, and I really regret it now. If I want to do all the things I want to do, I need to be smarter about the choices I make otherwise.

The point is, I'll now be in Paris from the 20th-22nd, Toulon from the 23rd-28th, and I have purple and red hair now.

Time to conquer France! ...right after I conquer this marketing paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment