Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rescue.

Wednesdays are London Adventure Days!

Last week, we had gone to Platform 9 3/4 and the Sherlock Holmes Museum. This week, we went to Abbey Road to take the typical tourist shot, and then went to the London Aquarium. Abbey Road was so funny: my friends Kristen, Izabela, Ellen, and I wanted the shot together, and I wanted to be Paul. In the middle of winter in London, I took off my shoes and socks to pose as Paul in our Beatles-loving photo. First try, Kristen and Ellen didn't seem to understand that we weren't just walking across, we had to stop and pose like we're walking. It didn't work. Second try, Izabela for some reason panicked and just ran away in the middle of the shot. Um, okay. Bear in mind that I am BAREFOOT this whole time. Finally, on the third try, we got our shot and I was able to put my socks and shoes back on.

Then we went to the London Aquarium. I. LOVE. AQUARIUMS. I think they're the coolest places ever. Back when I went to Mexico two summers ago, I saw this fish while scuba diving that I named the "Sassy Fish" because it was lavender and looked like it was wearing florescent blue eyeshadow, with it's eyes half open doing a sexy pout. I decided if I was a fish I would be a Sassy Fish. I never found out the real name of it though, but I saw a Sassy Fish at the aquarium today! Sadly, they didn't have the real name of it posted anywhere either, so it just remains a Sassy Fish.

There were so many sharks, too. We went to this part called the "Shark Walk" where you walk over a glass floor right above the sharks. I loved it. They're so cool when you're looking at them through a glass, but so terrifying if I ever saw one coming toward me. Luckily, Shark Week has prepared me for how to handle a shark attack.  It was such an awesome adventure day, and after eating McDonald's (listen, we were SO hungry and it was right there), we set out to go home.

And then Kentucky fainted.

We were talking about some pretty gross medical stuff over our McDonald's, and Mike, Izabela, and Ellen had walked a little ahead of Kentucky and I. He starts leaning on a counter and goes pale, saying, "I guess I'm a little more squeamish than I thought." I didn't think it was anything serious, but I put his arm around me and was helping him walk up the stairs. He started getting heavier and heavier in my arms, his head was dipping really low, and his feet started to turn inwards when he took a step. We get to the top of the stairs before the exit, and he faints. I was able to catch him well enough, but he is over six feet tall and I couldn't keep him upright. I caught him and sat down with him on my lap, holding his head up. This absolutely useless man standing next to me, smiling stupidly the whole time, says, "Is he okay?"

"Does he look okay?"

::Blank stare, smiling stupidly still::

"...Okay. Go outside and get my friend for me. She's in a yellow coat."

::Blank stare, smiling SO stupidly I can't even take it::

"GO! GO GET HER!"

He goes outside and apparently only says to them, "Your friends are inside." They're confused because, um, they know we're inside. It might have been helpful for him to mention that somebody fainted. At this point, Kentucky woke up and said instantly that he's fine and stands up. I stand up with him, and a second before they walk inside, he faints in my arms again. They had no idea what was going on, they stood there in shock until I said, "Um, help me? I can't hold him up anymore!" We had him on my lap again, and Ellen got him a cup of water from the McDonald's. When he came around again, we got him food (because APPARENTLY he hadn't eaten and barely drank in 24 hours, and didn't think to get food here when we did!), and he started to get color back in his skin.

However, we will never let him live this down. For the next 4 months, he will be hearing jokes about how he tries to pick up girls by fainting into them, and how he was really just waiting for me to give him CPR. Everybody kept saying how funny it was that the tallest one of us all faints and the littlest one of us all is the one that has to catch him.

I guess London Adventure Day is too exciting for some people to handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment