Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dinner.

Last night I hosted a fancy dinner party for my ISA friends (and Kentucky). There were 14 of us (Izabela, Ellen, Amanda, Jordan, Kim, Kristen, Cori, Mike, Kentucky, Patrick, Kelly, Natalie, Mary) all crammed into my one kitchen. It was a potluck dinner, so everybody made or brought something to contribute. It was an absolutely lovely evening. We all got dressed up, drank wine and champagne and ate a delicious meal together. I made whole wheat pesto pasta with broccoli, asparagus, and zucchini. It sounds fancy but it's not at all. Still, several people told me they liked my dish best of all, and that makes me feel like I'm actually capable of doing something good in the kitchen.

I was a fabulous little hostess. You'd be proud of me, mom (yes, I know you're reading). I didn't sit because there weren't enough chairs, I made sure everybody else ate first, and I walked around and poured champagne for people. I did all the dishes, even though everyone offered to help but I didn't want them to. I can't wait to have dinner parties when I'm older and have my own place. I guess this is the closest I've been.

So, today I have a meeting with Maria from ISA, who knows what about. Then I'm going to buy some travel toiletries, and then we have a February birthday party at the ISA office. I LEAVE FOR MOROCCO TOMORROW MORNING! This is way too exciting. I'm starting my world travels!


No comments:

Post a Comment