Sunday, March 27, 2011

Panic.

And now for a recap of this past week.

I started running. Yes, me, running. Am I good? By all means, no. It isn't about that though. It's for physical and mental health. Physical health is the obvious one: I've gained a little bit of weight out here, and I'd like for that (and then some) to be gone. Not enough where people notice, but enough where I notice, and that is unacceptable. The mental health part is the important one though. I have recently complained about not having any routine out here; that I'm not working toward a goal, I have no purpose, and I feel completely useless. This is all true. I'm hoping running will help with that. If I make myself run everyday (or at least majority of the week), it will give me a routine and something I feel I have to do. Also, it's something that will hopefully produce results, i.e. I'm working toward a goal. With classes ending this week, it's something I will be able to dedicate time to, something that will get me up in the morning, something that will get me outside enjoying the fresh air in the park, and also something that'll make my shirts fit nicer.

As for activities? Tuesday I had class, which was, as usual, a joke. I am not going this week. It's a pointless waste of money and time. Sorry, Dad.

Wednesday, I planned out my fall schedule for Montclair. This doesn't seem like a day's worth of activity, but I LOVE planning schedules. Unfortunately, my beautiful schedule I planned A) has to change, because it is going to be too expensive to take summer and winter classes like I planned, and B) is subject to change depending on Brian's schedule, since we want to carpool. Then, I went to the London Symphony Orchestra at night, which was really lovely. I miss attending shows like that; I guess I took working as an usher at Kasser for granted.

Thursday, after going to the National Portrait Gallery for class, I had a picnic in Hyde Park with Jordan, Sam, and Natalie. Then, Jordan and I went for a run together along the canal by our flats. It was so nice out, I think I even got a little touch of tan on my arms!

Friday, after fashion class I went for a run, and then went to the V&A with Sam at night. They do a huge theater night once a month, and it was so cool. All around the museum were different moving performances, like Hamlet being performed throughout the halls, dancers in-between artwork, musical performances by the entrances, and, my favorite, the red carpet walk, where you walk along a red carpet to the next exhibit and actors scream, take your picture, and beg for your autograph. It was the coolest thing ever.

Saturday, Sam and I went to the traditional Oxford vs. Cambridge rowing race. With our purchase of a pint, we got a free scarf, so I got a Cambridge scarf and he got an Oxford scarf. We made a bet with each other, which I lost because Oxford won the race.  It was still pretty exciting to be able to watch the race along the river.  However, panic soon set in. Initiate pickpocket panic.

I was pickpocketed.

At least, that's what I immediately assumed when I looked in my purse when we got to the tube station after and my wallet was gone. I borrowed Sam's phone to call my mom and have her cancel my cards immediately, so no asshole could deplete my bank account (that's MY job). Sam suggested we go back and check by the cotton candy stand, where I last used it, just in case. I knew it wouldn't be there, it was definitely pickpocketed. It was gone. Some asshole was walking around with my debit card, my credit card, my two oyster cards (one with a fresh 80 pound unlimited month on it), my drivers license, and 40 euro and 10 pounds of cash.

We arrive at the stand, and I approach the girl. "I know this is a long shot, but did I happen to leave my wallet here?"

She hands it to me.

I scream and jump on her, attacking her with loving hugs. I have never felt such a desire to kiss a random British girl before (or any desire to do so before, actually). I guess I was SO excited about getting cotton candy, I put my wallet down and left it there. But... oh crap.  My cards. I call my mom, hoping it's not too late, but it is. My cards are deactivated. The solution? Well, luckily since my parents will be here Friday, they can bring me a new Visa card, and I won't need any money then because they'll be paying for me all week and leaving me cash. However, until then, that 10 pounds in my wallet has to last me all week. I am low on food, my phone is out of credit, and I really wanted to get Chipotle (the essentials), but all of that is going to have to wait. At least this will jump start my weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment