Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Letter.

Dear London,

I feel I have not been entirely fair to you, and for that I apologize. It's true that since my arrival here you and I haven't exactly seen eye to eye. After all, you're a city and I don't like cities, and you're quite a gray one at that. Although I have made a couple efforts to give you another chance to no avail, I believe you deserve yet another chance.

Why? Because it isn't entirely your fault. I hate winter. I am a radically different person in winter than I am in spring and summer. My entire outlook on life and overall attitude changes drastically once the temperature changes. I don't like anything in winter, so coming to you in January was definitely a harsh first impression. Truth is, if I was still home right now, I would still be hating winter. It's hard for me to enjoy anything when it's so cold out.

Today you were blessed with sunshine, blue skies, and 53 degree weather... and you were lovely. I went to Hyde Park with Izabela, Mike, Amanda, Jordan, Kentucky, Cori, and Kim, and we rented bikes and rode around for a bit. Despite almost getting kidnapped and/or my bike stolen at one point, it was still a beautiful day. I got to wear a lighter jacket, I only wore one pair of tights instead of my usual two or three, and I was able to feel the sun on my face. The sun suits you well: you look much better draped in sunshine than you do in fog.

So, London, I want us to make this work. After all, we may not be the best of friends, but I still have to live in you for another three months, and it'd be great if we could make those three months positive ones. I am going to give you another chance... but not yet. At the end of the month, it will start. I don't want to give you this chance and have the weather turn sour again. I really want this to work. Who knows, maybe we'll actually start to like each other. I think it will help, too, when Steve gets here tomorrow, because I will have a sense of pride showing you off to someone from home.

I'm really hopeful for our future. I hope you feel the same, and will give me another chance as well.

Love,
Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment